The California Teleconnect Fund is a state program that provides a 50% discount on advanced communications services – such as broadband internet – to qualified non-profits. Administered by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), the purpose of this program is to bridge the digital divide by facilitating access to more advanced telecommunications infrastructure within California.
The types of services that this discount can be applied to are:
- T-1 and T-3 lines
- Cable internet
- Digital subscriber line (DSL)
- Wireless internet (data plans, wireless internet cards)
- Other telecommunications technology such as VoIP and Measured Business Lines
Many types of organizations are eligible for CTF:
- Non-profit organizations that offer one of the following services to the surrounding community:
- Educational services
- Job placement and/or training
- 2-1-1 referral and informational services
- Computer and internet training
- Health care
- Government-owned and operated hospitals and health clinics
- K-12 public and non-profit private schools
- Community colleges
This tutorial is designed to guide you through the application process for the California Teleconnect Fund. Please note this tutorial is only designed for Non-Profit Organizations and Government-owned and operated hospitals and health clinics.
If you have a specific question that is not answered during this tutorial, please call the CTF Help Desk at (866) 742-8587.
Please click here to download application if you have not done so already.